Monday, January 29, 2007

Sunday Sing

I was not blessed with a beautiful voice. But when you get a group of family together at a piano I don't sound that bad. Those that use to stand around me might say different but I don't care cause my heart was full. We are going to have a memory sing along, so sit back put on your memory caps and sing along. The memory today is all of us seating around Nannie and Papa's front room at the piano. Everyone grabbing a hymnal looking for the Song "I'll Fly Away" Nannie has her hymnal opened and seating in front of her. Can you see it? Now can you smell the song book? (OK, Time Out gotta go get a tissue.) OK, I'm back is everyone ready .............


Some glad morning when this life is o'er, I'll fly away; To a home on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

Chorus: I'll fly away, Oh Glory I'll fly away; (in the morning) When I die, Hallelujah, by and by, I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

When the shadows of this life have gone, I'll fly away; Like a bird from prison bars has flown, I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

Chorus: I'll fly away, Oh Glory I'll fly away; (in the morning) When I die, Hallelujah, by and by, I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

Just a few more weary days and then, I'll fly away; To a land where joy shall never end, I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

Chorus: I'll fly away, Oh Glory I'll fly away; (in the morning) When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).


I'll Fly Away Words and Music by Alfred E. Brumley

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."


That was fun, I use to love those sing-along. If our singing here on earth is fun can you just imagine how it will be in Heaven! God is so good! Have you had God speak to you by the words of a song or verses. I just reread the verses that came with the song. Today's sermon at Church was about Christ's Second Coming. He will come in a twinkling of a eye.... When I started this post, I had several songs that came to mind but this one just stuck. Now as I reread the verses above and the song. It goes along with today's sermon at Church this morning. Now what is God telling me? For some time God has been weighing on my heart about getting my life right with him and sharing with others because we never know when our time will come or his return. Or you prepared? Are you ready? I also wonder if this is why the first draft of this post was written and ready for me to post when I lost it. So I had to start from the beginning. In doing so that is when I reread the scripture above. So is God reminding me or you that is the question! I love you enough to write my thoughts and prayers.

Jesus, Thank You for my Family. Thank You for my wonderful memories, Thank you for loving me enough to send your Son to die on the Cross for me. Thank You for all you do in my life and for reminding me of my responsibility's here on earth. I also pray that anyone that reads this post will look into their own hearts to make sure that they know You for the only True God You are. The God of the songs we sing.
Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home