Friday, August 18, 2006

Happy Anniversary



77 Years ago today, Thomas Edmond Odom married Lillie Mae Criswell on the church steps before the evening service on Sunday afternoon of August 18, 1929. The groom was 17 years old the Bride was 23 years old. In attendance as witnesses were the bride's sister, Mammie Criswell, and the groom's brother, Fred Odom. Their First Home was rented in Terrytown, Ga.
In December of 1930, their first son, Neron Edmond Odom, was born. Two years later in July of 1932, their second son, Thomas Maeward Odom was born. In October of 1934 their first daughter, Ella Joyce Odom was born. Twenty-six months later their third son, James Henry Odom was born in December of 1934. Thinking they were done with their family, they were surprised to find out that God had one more miracle for them: a daughter. Laura Kay Odom was born on October 26, 1936, on Lillie Mae's 31st birthday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I hope that everybody will enjoy this blogging site since it is about our great ODOM family.
love everyone,
worship one,

chris Watkins

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna, Love the Blog. Your doing a great job keep it up, Just don't put any bad Pictures of me in here LOL
Your Mother

12:27 PM  
Blogger odom602 said...

ok, so my last name is Odom, although I have grown up in Iowa, I can't help thinking there are other odom's out there that I'm related to, I have been searching as hard as a broke guy can. lol could anybody help me? my grandfather is Dale Odom, I believe he lives in tennessee, his father was Gilford Odom,he married Ada Odom, I'm not sure what her maiden name is though, if anybody has info I would really appreciate it. Joshua Lee Odom

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home